Tooth sensitivity treatment
The tooth sensitivity is a common problem. The enamel covering our teeth is very special. On the one hand, it is one of the toughest materials in our body, even stronger than bone – while on the other hand, it is an area of our body which cannot regenerate, because it is not made of living tissue. That’s why it deserves special attention!
If the enamel is damaged or weakened by acid erosion or mechanical wear, its protective function is inhibited, which can lead to tooth decay or cervical sensitivity as the neck of the tooth becomes exposed.
SENSITIVE TEETH (CERVICAL DENTIN SENSITIVITY)
Tooth sensitivity can cause very unpleasant symptoms, bringing significant pain and discomfort. Eating – consuming sweet, sour, and other strong-tasting foods and drinks, hot or cold beverages – becomes difficult. Brushing your teeth also becomes an issue. Many people affected by tooth sensitivity also have to avoid certain basic activities, because they start to associate intense pain with them.
WHAT CAUSES CERVICAL SENSITIVITY?
Sensitive teeth can be caused by, among others, damage to or erosion of the tooth enamel, which exposes the softer, more porous tissue of the tooth called dentin, which is normally hidden behind the enamel or the gums. Dentin contains microscopic channels called tubules that lead to the nerve. As the gums recede or the enamel wears down around the neck, these dentin tubules are also more easily activated by external stimuli (cold, hot, strong-tasting foods), which can trigger sensitivity and pain.
COMMON CAUSES OF CERVICAL SENSITIVITY
- Tooth sensitivity can develop if you brush your teeth with excessive force, if you suffer from nocturnal teeth grinding (bruxism), or if high fillings, crowns or bridgework overload your teeth. In some cases it can also appear after an oral hygiene treatment or professional teeth whitening session.
- It can be caused by gum recession, by consumption of acidic foods or carbonated drinks, while it can also be an accompanying symptom of bulimia.
- It is also a frequent aftereffect of radiation or chemotherapy, and people with mouth dryness are also more prone to this problem.
- If you notice signs of tooth sensitivity, consult a dentist immediately to find the cause and to select the appropriate therapy.
If the damage or erosion affects only the outer enamel layer, the issue can be reversed by the appropriate targeted therapy, and by following it up with continued at-home treatments and brushing with special toothpaste.
- Therapeutic treatments at our dental clinic offer a solution to the problems caused by erosion and abrasion of the tooth enamel. As a first step, we can quickly and effectively alleviate your complaints with treatment on site, which you can continue in your own home using a therapy package available at our clinic.
HOW DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE EFFECT?
The specialized products come in chemical interaction with the hard tissue of the teeth, continuing to constantly deposit new mineral layers and thereby remineralizing the enamel and dentin quickly and effectively.
The products used in the treatment are of non-toxic and provide the right enamel protection for all ages.
OUR CLINIC OFFERS SEVERAL DIFFERENT TREATMENTS FOR THIS PROBLEM
During the consultation, we will identify the cause and type of the complaints and rule out cavities or other dental problems. Once the root cause had been established, we will choose the appropriate therapy to reduce sensitivity.
The results will be felt immediately after the treatment at the clinic, and you can continue the therapy at home.
The treatments will build a more resistant mineral layer on the surface of your teeth and your complaints will disappear. Your teeth will once again become resistant to external factors.
We can help find the best therapy and treatment for you. If you’re interested in the most modern therapeutic technologies available for the protection of enamel and alleviation of tooth sensitivity, make an appointment!
OUR TOOTH SENSITIVITY AND ENAMEL PROTECTION TREATMENTS – PACKAGE PRICES
Enamel protection treatment
9 000 Fttreatment + home package
- This treatment can be a solution if you find that your teeth are caries-prone, you suffer from reflux disease, which has caused your teeth to wear down, you wear fixed braces, you have white spots/ fluorosis/ on the surface of your teeth.
Iontophoresis - fluoride treatment
9 000 Ft
- In our clinic it is possible to have fluoride treatment, which is carried out with an iontophoresis device. Medical iontophoresis is an effective procedure that delivers the active ingredient to the target area painlessly, using a very weak microcurrent. It is a similar procedure to that used in cosmetic treatments.
TOOTH SENSITIVITY TREATMENTS
9 000 Fttreatment and package price
- If you find that your teeth are sensitive to cold or hot when brushing or eating, it is always a good idea to see a dentist. In our practice, we use a special machine and varnish to treat the problem tooth or teeth, as well as special and home-use materials to reduce sensitivity
ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT - COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY
9 000 FtTREATMENT + HOME PACKAGE
- Wearing fixed braces does not destroy the teeth but special attention should be paid to oral hygiene. Discolouration and caries can develop, typically around the brackets, due to difficult or inadequate cleaning. Orthodontic treatment is recommended every 4 months.
HOW TO MAKE USE OF OUR SERVICES
Two simple steps are needed.
- Call and make an appointment for a treatment, where our dental hygienist will examine your teeth and carry out the first treatment after selecting the appropriate therapy,
- which you can later continue at home.
Dentálhigiénikusaink, akik a kezeléseket végzik. Forduljon hozzájuk bizalommal.
Have a question?
Oral hygiene advice
If you want to avoid the above symptoms, here are a few things to look out for
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks and brushing your teeth at least half an hour after eating.
- Make sure you brush your teeth perfectly! Be sure to clean all parts of the oral cavity, including the gaps between teeth and the gum line.
- Use an appropriate amount of toothpaste to help remove plaque, and if you have tooth sensitivity, use a toothpaste specially formulated to reduce it, which can even provide immediate relief for sensitive teeth.
- Choose a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent teeth.
- Brush and floss at least twice a day to prevent gum inflammation and tooth decay.